Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is renowned for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its buildings and museums have been indexed by world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened within 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other marine life varieties have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to see and explore sortir à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is situated in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to go to in the 30 days of September and October.